A few of my Publications
Palazzo Versace and Couran Cove: Contrasting Resort Gardens of the Gold Coast; Vol. 10, No. 2 2003 – ‘Tropical Pleasures’: A Focus on Queensland Gardens. University of Queensland Review
Planting and Garden Design for Retail Garden Centre Development – Series 1,2 and 3 Workbooks, Facilitators Guides and Presentations; Nursery and Garden Industry Australia.
Documents and reports
- Myrtle Rust Management Plan
- Risk Assessment Policies and Induction
- Living Collection Policy
- Botanic Garden Maintenance Guidelines
- Camphor Laurel Management Plan – GCRBG
- Terms of Reference – Botanic Gardens Advisory groups
- Environmental Case Studies – Nursery and Garden Industry Queensland and Qld Farmers Federation
Education and training
Landscape Vegetation Health System Training Framework – on behalf of TechniGro P/L for Singapore National Parks Board
Volunteer Training Programme – SMART Gardener; Package of resources, training manuals, workbooks, facilitators guide, session planning. Australian Centre for Lifestyle Horticulture
Resources and session plans for Accredited Training Courses in Horticulture, Nursery and Landscape
Development and coordination of successful group training projects – including GCRBG; GC Multicultural Gardens, ABC Gardening Events
SMART Gardener Volunteer Training Manuals and associated training resources. 2008-09
Specialist Trainer and Project Designer for Australian Govt, Green Army Project: Story of our Country
Specialist Consultant and Project Planner for four Gold Govt Skilling Queenslander for Work programs Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens
Interpretation and promotion
Botanic Labelling GCRBG
Botanic Gardens Volunteer groups – establishment and training of Guides, Volunteer gardeners, Herbarium volunteers & Myrtle rust monitoring programme.
Promotional material, Images and text for interpretation, fact sheets, Newsletter layout and editing, signage, website content GCRBG
GCRBG Promotional Booklet – content and images
Detailed planning, layout and plant selection, botanic labelling and interpretation for Mangroves to Mountains Precinct – a 1.6 km walk through 16 specialised plant communities created in a garden setting at Gold Coast Regional Botanic Garden.
Plant selection for specialist landscape projects and Plant Collections including perennial displays, native bedding displays, Rainforest, Regional tree collections, Bushfood’s gardens, Montane collection and many more.
Heritage Garden Investigation, Report and garden restoration – Rosser House Garden, Gold Coast (circa 1865 – 1924)
Regular Feature Writer
- Landscape Contractor Magazine, Mayne Publication. Garden design series; Gardens of the World and other feature articles 2004 – 2011 Australian Horticulture Magazine – Rural Press, regular features and news articles 2003 – 2009
- Garden International – Intermedium Publishers, Netherlands. Feature articles.
Australian Plants Journal, Vol 26 no 213, December 2012 – Queensland Botanic Gardens Issue.