Kate is equally at home developing new gardens in public or private landscapes and heritage gardens or planning, establishing, labelling and recording the Living Collections at Botanic Gardens.
- Living Collection planning, plant records and labelling
- Plant selection, structural dynamics of plant collections
- Managing plant collections, including Plant Collection policies
- Herbarium establishment and records
- Ecologically compatible plants for distinct bioregions
- Heritage gardens – investigations, records, reports, management plans
- Garden design for large estates, public landscapes and botanic gardens